Last Monday’s Portland Short Track Race # 2 wase a real hoot! Despite the cooler temps, the race action was sizzling hot and the course seriously rocked. Check out the action photos by Victor Duong for proof… and thanks to the 300+ racers who came out and welcome to all new riders!
Here are a couple updates ahead of our third night of racing:
1) This Monday, bring out your (inner) junior and newbie short track racer!
The school year has officially wrapped up and summer Solstice is upon us this Monday… so, perfect timing for our special Junior & Newbie Short Track Night!
Here is the deal:
– All newbie short track racers (who have never raced in the Portland Short Track Series before) will enjoy $10 off the regular day-of-race fee!
– In addition, OBRA will waive the $5 one-day OBRA license fee for anyone who is not a current OBRA member!
– Finally, we will raffle off a bunch of cool prizes among all junior and newbie short track racers who come out to race!
As usual, we will host FREE short track skills clinics (from 5 to 6pm), which this week will feature 8-time Elite Men series winner Shannon Skerritt as guest instructor (alongside regular Wenzel Coaching instructors Elaine Bothe and Andrew Coe). And for the young and little ones, there will be FREE kids races (starting at 6:30pm). In other words: spread the word and bring along your friends!
2) Results, series standings and team competition.
Results of last Monday’s race # 2 and series standings have been posted on OBRA. Also keep an eye on the ongoing battle in our friendly team competition, where Camas Bike & Sport is going head-to-head with Hammer Velo and Cyclepath Racing, closely followed by Rebound/Tireless Velo, Team Lazy Tarantulas, and Metropolis Cycle Repair (plus a ton of other teams in hot pursuit).
Note that this Monday, we will start doing priority call-ups in each category for the top-5 racers in the series standings.
3) Follow us on Facebook and – NEW – on Instagram!
We are stepping up our social media game and need your help to spread the online buzz among yoru friends and followers about #PDXShortTrack. Like our facebook page and/or follow us on Instagram and we’ll get you a free and very cool “Ask me about Short Track” bike sticker, which you can come claim on Monday at the Info Desk.
4) Last but not least… credit cards now accepted at Short Track!
That’s right, we have decided to go with the times and
Note: if you plan to pay with a card and for some reason the card is unreadable or gets rejected, it is your responsibility to have an alternative form of payment available.
Have a great weekend! We hope you get some riding in and are looking forward to seeing you – and your friends – on Monday at PIR for another round of Short Track fun. Let’s bring on the summer!
Categories: Mountain Bike Racing